Although the story about his dad is not true (they did this to set Arnold up as the douchebag champion for Ferrigno to beat), the words he begins with at the start of the clip are undeniably true and reveal Arnold's mindset that made him a winner. If you let an "outside negative force come in and effect you", you are dead in the water, in anything.
As far as game is concerned, there are a lot of these outside negative forces. You need to be prepared for these or you will be bitterly disappointed and possibly give up. Logistics and flakes can often bite you in the ass, and it can be incredibly frustrating. The point is to not let it get to you and cut those emotions off.
One such incredibly frustrating example occurred yesterday. The full description of the approach can be found here, but to paraphrase:
1. I'm coming home. On the way I see two hot girls walking. One of these two is the hottest girl I've seen in two months.
2. While two betas emerge from a building and gawk at them before pussying out, muttering excuse after excuse among themselves, I smirk inwardly and open the girls. The girls are recent arrivals from Norway. The hotter one just got here a couple of weeks ago (and players will know that those girls tend to be more DTF).
3. I quickly dominate the scene with some screening and compliance tests. I get the two girls to follow me. The really hot girl with huge blue eyes is immediately attracted. The friend was no slouch either but I could feel her gradually becoming more distant. Such a thing is natural.
4. They begin to mutter about going to a coffee shop and I suggest a few places, but gradually the frame begins to shift and I did not want to buy into theirs. Had the friend not been there, I'd have gotten the hotter girl on an instant date, no questions asked.
5. Not being able to do this, I have to ask for a phone number. Hotter girl agrees immediately and gives me hers. Problem is, her phone is not yet active (sounds weird, I know, but I confirmed the truth of this). I still do have her number.
6. Frame begins to slip from me more and I try to get her email. She talked about Facebook but given my natural revulsion towards it I refused at first. I should have just taken it and left. The parting ended amicably, but I did not have the extreme dominance I had when it began.
As you can see, had circumstances been only slightly different, things would have gone a lot differently. I'd have gotten this gorgeous girl on an instant date and if her phone had been active I would have been able to part in a better place. Instead what happened happened. There's probably not much I can do except text her in a few days to see if the phone is active, and even if it was, I would not be surprised if it the text was dead on arrival.
Once again, logistics got in the way of what would have otherwise been a perfect pick up. This can be incredibly frustrating. Believe me, when you have a girl that hot eating out of the palm of your hand only for things to get derailed at the last minute, the natural instinct cannot be one that isn't frustration.
But like Arnold said, you need to cut those emotions off and be cold, analyzing what happened rationally and learning from it. The takeaway from this for me was this:
My in-person game is top notch. It's so top notch that I can now easily open groups of hot girls on the street, be dominant with them, and attract the hottest girls.
This is huge progress for someone who was suffering from very bad approach anxiety less than a year ago.
This is a mindset I need to take into my text and phone game now, which I have viewed as a problem and have for too long bought into the old PUA bullshit. In addition to building up more comfort in my approaches (I believe this is a problem in that I build up a lot of attraction but not enough comfort), I need to convey that I'm entitled to that pussy in all things, not just in person.
2015 certainly has started off well.