Thursday, January 1, 2015

Things to do in 2015

Let's hit the ground running. I don't believe in New Years' resolutions as readers of this blog might already know. They should be extensions of things you're already doing. Nevertheless, you need a vision and a plan for yourself every year. So it's time to outline them:

1. The major theme of this year will be more money. I created some foundations last year, but it's time to bring them to fruition this year. Now that I'm fully in the game, my logistical situation could still use some improvement, and I need the money to get there. And now that my book is finally done, the bulk of my creative energies can now be freed to go into my websites (the Outskirts Battledome Wiki, Showdown of Arms, and the Stand Alone Gamer) to build that part of an alternative stream of income. This also means building my online profile further. I'll be getting my real estate sales license in a matter of days, so that will also be an alternative source of income.

Basically, I should unleash the bulk of my creative energies this year into securing that income and ultimately independence in never needing to work for a boss again. That particular part could take many years, but every year should get me closer to it.

2. Now that my book is done, I need to edit and prune it, and get it to a professional if necessary. I can't guarantee that anyone will publish it of course, but I should have it in a state ready to be published this year.

3. I want to up my workouts this year. I made some good gains in 2014, but I want to continue and accelerate them this year. I can't have a set goal in a certain amount of muscle to be gained because the body is too unpredictable for that, but I do want to up my routine and get fully on Victor Pride's Body of a Spartan program.

4. As far as game goals go for the year, I want to up my social circle and online game. I've always tended to eschew phones and their apps, but the writing is on the wall and these things aren't going away. While cold approach is much more fun, online game isn't going away and can be a lot more efficient.

As you can see, my goals for this year are largely similar to my goals for last year, because my vision hasn't changed. The details have changed somewhat, but not the vision. If I had to pick a personal theme in my life, it would be the old British folk song Over the Hills and Far Away. It's a perfect song of adventure, submission to an authority higher than yourself, and proving yourself as a man by taking on a strong adversary, which is the only way to achieve glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment