Tuesday, March 11, 2014

They Don't Give a Shit About You

Like most reasonable people, my response to Sheryl Sandberg's #BanBossy campaign was one of mockery and ridicule. It is perfectly emblematic of modern feminism and more broadly, Cultural Marxism. It is centered on the feelings of special snowflakes, showcases juvenile attempts at promoting victimhood, and then proceeds to make demands on others to assuage the warped worldview of its creator and her sympathizers. In short: it is another example of politically correct, insecure narcissism.

Does this sort of thing piss me off to a degree? Of course it does. These people are destroying our culture with their feelings-based tripe, and naturally I don't want it to continue. However my overall reaction will be one of mockery and then ignoring it.

I saw one commenter on the video lambast it, outlining how boys are lagging behind in college admittance and degrees, are far ahead in suicide rates, etc. (I don't remember his comment verbatim, and I won't sift through thousands of comments on that video to find the one in question.) He was understandably pissed off that despite all these issues, "girl power" continues to be pushed to the forefront, and the powers that be completely ignore all problems facing boys.

While his remarks were true, I replied that they don't give a shit about you anyway. As Frost said, "sperm is cheap, eggs are expensive." Society simply doesn't give a shit about boys, I said, and that's fine by me.

It really is.

Why is this so? Because it gives the best men impetus to smash through obstacles and rise to the top. I don't want to be coddled. I don't want to think of myself as a victim, and I don't want to be treated like one. This is precisely why I consider MRAs to be losers. They are the equal and opposite of the feminist coin. They set themselves up as victims and blame all their problems on the opposite sex. And, while I haven't seen a very large sample size, most of who I have seen seem every bit as unattractive as their feminist counterparts.

That's why I'm hesitant to bring up men's issues in response to this campaign. Society doesn't give a shit about men and that's fine. We need to be grown-ups and solve our own problems, and when that happens, things will be set to rights.

Instead, I told him, link up with guys that are committed to striving upward and being their best selves. Cultivate your mind and body, and make definite plans of action. That is what makes men what they are, and why we fortunately will be spared the infantile bile of the "LeanIn" variety.

It's a harder path to follow, but it brings with it the better reward. While I still have a ways to go to get where I want to be, this choice has already made me a far better man than I was when I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment